Parents often wonder which of the best science toys for toddlers are apt for their kids. A parent must always consider the function, value for money and overall design of a specific toy or playset to avoid regrets later on.
After all, the happiness of a kid equates with that of the parent’s. Here are three products that are top picks in the product line.
Coodoo Magnetic Blocks
Are you looking for some of the best science toys for toddlers this Christmas season? Coodoo Magnetic Blocks and Tiles Set is a good item to consider. It has a smooth plastic surface that is safe to touch because it is made of 100% non-toxic materials.
There are 24 pieces with different vibrant colors that easily capture a kid’s eye. The playset also comes with a magnetic triangle, quadrangle, and fixture block that is easy to build.
With this product, toddlers will certainly enhance their creative juices and learn different shapes. This set also develops the fine motor skills, cognitive development and teamwork.
It is lightweight and very handy to bring to the garden, playhouse or just about anywhere. The only thing that makes this product unsafe is that the pieces are very small and might cause accidental swallowing.
- Made of 100% non-toxic materials
- Smooth plastic which is safe to touch
- Has 24 pieces of magnetic triangle, quadrangle and fixture block
- No sharp edges that harm toddler’s hands
- Has vibrant and rainbow colors
- DIY building models
- Develops fine motor skills, cognitive development, and teamwork
- Enhances sensory, artistic and imagination ability
- Child learns different shapes and colors
- Teaches kids how to form 2D shapes and 3D models
- Lightweight and very handy
- Too small than the picture ads
- Very few pieces
- Choking hazard for kids under 3 years old
SHAWE Kids Toy Interlocking Solid PE Plastic Building Sets
If your little child wants to be a scientist someday and learn about different molecules, this product is a great idea. It has colorful pieces that can attract any toddler.
It enhances fine motor skills because it allows them to build different shapes and structures. There are over 90 colorful pieces that aid in the creativity of a toddler.
This toy is also perfect for bonding moments between a parent and a child, or even between kids during playtime. The materials used in this product are sturdy and safe for very young kids. There is no pungent smell that may distract or harm the child.
It is lightweight so kids can bring it anywhere they want to. This product is also a great choice for autistic children to develop their grasping and constructing abilities.
Little kids who want to be chemists or physicists will definitely love this set, but parents should watch out for the very small pieces as these may cause choking in children below three years old.
- Colorful and vibrant appearance
- Enhances fine motor skills of toddlers
- Improves counting, grouping, constructing and designing skills
- Learns physics in a simple setup
- Enhances creativity, memory and imagination ability of a kid
- More than 90 colorful pieces
- Enhances bonding between child and parent, or between young children
- Materials are made of safe and environment-friendly plastic
- No pungent smell that distracts young kids
- Lightweight and can be carried to school or playhouse easily
- Great choice for autistic kids
- Suitable for three years old and above
- Very small as compared to photos on advertisements
- Difficult for a three-year-old to snap the toys together
- May cause choking to very young children
Educational Insights GeoSafari Jr. Kidnoculars
Taking your kids out on a nature trip is a great learning experience. Aside from the usual toys in the playroom, the Educational Insights GeoSafari Jr. Kidnoculars is one of the best science toys for toddlers in the stores.
It has a pretty design which little boys and girls can use during outdoor learning activities. This toy is a great tool for learning about animals and plants.
Being a great pre-kindergarten tool, kids will develop their scientific skills in discovering new things in the environment. The eyepieces are indeed comfortable and have a 2x magnification. It supports STEM learning among toddlers. This educational toy works easily even without batteries.
The only thing to watch out for is that the small parts may be accidentally swallowed by kids, so adults still have to supervise the kids during playtime. There are also times when the lenses are not in focus making it difficult for young kids to decipher an object in the environment.
- Pretty binoculars design for little kids
- A perfect companion in learning about animals and plants
- Lets kids explore nature and the outdoors
- Perfect pre-kindergarten tool
- The eyepieces are soft and comfortable for toddlers
- Comes with easy placement goggles with 2x magnification
- It has a strap for the neck
- Supports STEM learning among young children
- Designed for destructive hands
- Durable and easy to use
- Works without batteries
- Suitable for 3 years and above
- Has small parts that pose choking hazards for kids under 3 years old
- Sometimes the lenses are not in focus
If you are still mind boggled about which toy to choose, check out the function, design, and value for money. All three toys are definitely top picks in the product line. Each has advantages and disadvantages to its own.
These are indeed some of the best science toys for toddlers in the market today. They have incredible designs that kids will certainly love but what stands out is the Educational Insights GeoSafari Jr. Kidnoculars since its pros outweigh the cons.
Aside from that, kids are encouraged to go out, stretch and nurture their curiosity about the world they live in.