Learning can start at any age, right? Well, why not aid your child’s learning process by getting them an educational toy or a toy that has the potential to add some sort of learning value to their lives? If you have a three-year-old son, nephew, or just a three-year-old boy in your life and want to get him something on the educational side, have no fear!
This review will help you to choose from three of the best learning toys for 3 year old boys. The intention is to help you make the best decision and to choose a quality toy that is within your budget, and that will help them to develop.
Best Learning Toys for 3 Year Old Boys
The toys, though they may seem simple for adults are in fact very complex for children and, to their young minds, they act as puzzles that these kids are curious to solve.
Below are some of the best learning toys for 3 year old boys. Some of the toys are unisex, so you can also include them for 3 year old girls as well if you have no gift ideas for her and want to get her out of princess and doll games.
ETI Toys Stem Learning Building Blocks Set
The product name may seem like a bit of a mouthful but have no fear. It is just a construction set that your toddler is bound to be fascinated by especially if he likes to build things and piece them together.
It is a creative and fun kit set that is suitable for kids between the ages of 3 and 6 years old. Get ETI Toys Stem block set and engage the toddler in a productive activity that does not include the use of smart devices and video games. These blocks support STEM learning.
- Blocks are built with STEM in mind. STEM is an acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. If you want your child to follow along these career paths or just be good at Math, why not invest in a toy that promotes scientific learning?
- Builds skills. Use of this block set will help kids to build skills. Skills that they help develop include fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and creativity. It also helps that the blocks support logical thinking and problem-solving.
- Keeps your child occupied. If you are a busy mum with things to do around the house and you want to keep your child occupied, then this is the perfect toy to pull out to keep them occupied. It has the potential to keep your toddler occupied for hours.
- May present a choking hazard. The toy is intended for use by children who are three and over. Giving the toy to a much younger child may present a choking hazard.
- The ideas are too small. If you were hoping that the idea sheet will give your kids ideas about what to build, then you may be out of luck. The idea sheets are too small, so your kid may just end up doing his own thing.
- Not Legos. Don’t compare these blocks to Legos. They are not legos so they will not attach as nicely as Legos do.
rolimate Wooden Educational Preschool Shape Color Recognition Geometric Toys
This rolimate board block puzzle toy is for kids as young as three years old. The blocks help kids to understand not only color but also shapes. The blocks are made of wood, which is natural ingredients and therefore perfect for the parent who wants to teach their child about conservation and being a naturalist.
- Chunky design. There is no need to worry about kids choking on the parts. The blocks are chunky and can fit well in your toddlers’ hands. The pieces are sized just right, so it is difficult for them to swallow.
- Smarter play. If you want your child to be engaged in a smarter play, then you ought to seriously consider this block set. It works out hand-eye coordination and encourages them to sort and count.
- Good materials. This block set is made from quality material. It is made of wood and polished to protect your kids’ hands. Also, it is made from non-toxic materials, so you don’t need to worry about them having the blocks in their mouths.
- Not for babies. Do not buy this toy for kids under three years. The toy is only intended for kids aged three and above because of the parts.
- Parts are small. The parts may be a bit smaller than you want them to be for your toddler. They are about the size of your hand so you should not leave toddlers unsupervised when using this toy.
Ailuki 110 PCS Magnetic Building Blocks
Luckily, Ailuki 110 PCS Magnetic Building Blocks has a more palatable name than the other two. This magnetic block set can be used for the creative and imaginative development of both boys and girl. With the colorful shapes, they can piece together basically anything, a pony, airplane, building or if they get really creative the Louvre in Paris.
- Durable materials. The blocks are made from a material that is durable. They include ABS plastic and strong magnets. They have also been tested using hydrochloric acid, so you can trust them to last.
- Designed for development. The manufacturers of these blocks had development in mind when they conceptualized this product. They can do a variety of constructions for themselves in both three and two-dimensional structures.
- Comes with 110 pieces. No need to worry about getting all the pieces lost. With 110 pieces, there are more pieces than your kids will ever use at a time. Plus, the magnets will help to keep them together.
- May not be as good as the branded version. If you prefer the branded version, then you should not get this generic. The magnets may not be as strong as you will prefer them and it is possible that the blocks may contribute to small scrapes and bruises because of how they are designed.
Three of the Best Learning Toys for 3 Year Old Boys: A Summary
If you are going to get a three-year-old an educational toy, then any of these options will do as they all intend to promote learning and the development of certain skill sets. The wooden block set by rolimate is the cheapest option.
However, the parts are small. The magnets by Ailuki may also be a good buy because the pieces will be held together by force and explaining it to your toddler will be fun.