You may be wondering why anyone would give a kid a learning toy right? The purpose of giving a kid a toy may be for entertainment, to keep them engaged or just to get them involved in a fun activity.
When you give a child a learning toy, you may be defeating the purpose of a toy. But why can’t you mix a little fun with learning? Rather than giving your kid something that just wastes a lot of time or fails to stimulate them on an intellectual level, why not give them a learning toy?
Learning toys, as the name suggests, are designed with learning in mind. They help kids with discovery and can be used as early as ten months. They include toys that help kids explore subject areas like geography as well as the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields. They also aid in the development of your child’s fine motor skills and problem-solving abilities, and it channels their creativity.
Some toys even help kids to count, learn the alphabet and identify different colors. Below, is the product review of an amazing educational toy—the Tolo Toys Rainbow Stacker.
Features of the Tolo Toys Rainbow Stacker
- Includes seven brightly colored plastic buckets and hats with different colors textures and shapes
- Made of multicolored durable plastic
- Can be used in the bath, garden or on the beach
- Teaches your kid how to stack, sort and nest
- Product Dimensions: 13.5 x 7.8 x 7.4 inches
- Product Weight 14.7 ounces
- The stackers are available in different styles. If you are not comfortable with the rainbow style or want a different option, there are five other styles for you to choose from. They include fun time fishing, duck bath sets, pour and spin shape sorters, teatime shape sorters, and whale.
- The toy has textured rims and shapes. The textured rims and shapes that the cups come with make it easy to sort and distinguish. That way, your child can play independent of your assistance and learn much faster.
- It helps develop and stimulates your child’s mind. The toy is designed to stimulate and develop your child’s mind by promoting imaginative play. The toy will introduce them to cause and effect, sound and movement. It will also help your child to develop their fine motor skills
- It has a durable design. The toy is designed with durability in mind. It is made from a multi-color plastic and from safe materials.
- For kids 18 months and older. This toy set should only be used by kids 18 months or older as it may present some choking hazards. Thus, if you get this toy (or any toy), you should never leave your child unsupervised or unattended.
- Small toy. The toy may be smaller than you expect it to be. So, if you hoped to get your kid a big toy, then this toy may not be the ideal toy to get for your child. You may want to invest in something that is a bit bigger, less of a choking hazard and for a similar price.
- Might be smelly. This toy is a bit on the smelly side. You may get a toy that has a hint of a paint scent. However, the manufacturers have advised that the toy is made from a material that is safe for kids so the smell should not be too much a concern. You may have to air out the toy to get rid of the scent.
The Tolo Toys Rainbow Stackers appear to be a popular choice for parents. They promote learning by allowing toddlers to recognize colors, practice hand-eye coordination, recall shapes and activates their senses.
The toy is small, so it can be taken basically anywhere for play, including your bathtub. Who said learning could not be fun? The stacker is available in different styles for you to choose from and some styles are magnetized to hold the stack together and to prevent you from losing some of the pieces.
The toy is not intended for use by children less than eighteen months of age because some of the parts may present a choking hazard. It is also only intended for use by toddlers. So, don’t intend to keep a six-year-old entertained with this toy.
Comparison with Another Brand
For a few dollars less, you can get your kid the Kidsthrill Educational Rainbow Stacking & Nesting Cups building set. The set comes with nine pieces. It has ABC characters and numbers. Just like the Tolo stacker, it can be used both indoors and outdoors as well as in the bathtub and on the beach.
The stackers are a set of multi-color cups that will grab any child’s attention. These cups will be fun for your kid because they can stack them together, knock them down and get a thrill out of doing it every time.
If you want a toy that can develop your toddler’s hand-eye coordination, teach them the alphabet and counting, then the Kidsthrill Rainbow stacker is a good option for you. It is not only fun, but it challenges your baby as he or she will be tempted to stand to stack the cups. Kidsthrill also guarantees that the cups are made of the highest quality, and they guarantee value for money.
If you are interested in getting a learning toy for your toddler, basically, any stacking toy will work wonders for them. It is not completely boring, and they are likely to be entertained when they realize that they can neatly stack their cups and destroy the stack, before repeating the actions again.
It may seem like a chore, but rather than assisting them in clean up, you can encourage them to clean up after themselves. Another point for the learning toy.
Both of the learning toys are good. But, you may prefer something that offers you value for money. The two stackers are actually really good buys, but if you have a budget, you can get the Kidsthrill Rainbow Stacking and Nesting Cups Set.
The Tolo Toys Rainbow Stacker are not too bulky, and they will seriously aid your child’s development. Before reading this article, you probably had no idea that such simple toys could be critical to your child’s development.